Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Views on Fitness and Health

My family has always been BIG into fitness and health. My parents have been going to gym and cycling since i can remember! My mom has always had the desire to eat healthy and she has pushed my brother and I to eat healthy to. I have not always eaten the way i do now, up until about 3 years ago, i lived on hot dogs, doughnuts, milkshakes and noodles. My poor mother used to beg me to eat my vegetables and drink some water but i just wouldn't budge. I'm not quite sure what changed me, but i gradually started eating healthier food. It was only at the beginning of this year that i really went all out to eat the right foods for my body. Something that really helps in maintaining a healthy lifestyle is taking up active hobbies like going to the beach and kicking a ball around. My boyfriend and i do this often, whenever the sun is out. Not only is it a bit of exercise, but it is also really fun and i LOVE spending time with my other half!


Mitchell and I enjoying the beach!
I think that giving your body the correct nutrition that it needs is an extremely vital part of living. Your body is your vessel throughout your life, and how on earth can you live a full life in a malfunctioning body? I believe that the right nutrition and a sufficient amount of exercise is a necessity to any human being, or living thing for that matter. And i know, most people have a busy schedule and cant seem to find the time for exercise and cooking the correct meals, but I'm hoping that through this blog, i will be able to motivate all you people out there.

OK so, here is a very basic list of what i usually eat on a day to day basis to keep my body in peak condition:
  • Breakfast: Oats with banana
  • Mid-morning snack: Apple (an apple a day keeps the doctor away!)
  • Lunch: Tuna and Sweet potato mix salad
  • Mid-afternoon snack: Apple and a boiled egg
  • Dinner: Chicken fillet and veggies
  • Snack: Yogurt and cooked apples
Along with eating right, i exercise as much and as hard as possible. I try to do quite a large amount of cardio, but sometimes its a bit difficult as time is not exactly never ending. Here is a breakdown of my weekly workout routine:
  • 20-40 minutes of Cardio, either spinning, running or stepping (preferably spinning-SERIOUS calorie burner!)
  • 30-40 minutes of weight training with combinations of back and biceps, chest and triceps, shoulders, legs and glutes.
I will go into more detail with regards to my workouts in a later stage. And you are probably wondering what i look like so you can actually see if I'm legit and worth taking advice from right? Well i will post some photos next week after a photo shoot-which will also be explained soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment