Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Balancing Act

Considering I took the day off of gym today, i thought I would get cracking at some more storytelling...

Today I would like to share how I balance training, eating, studying, partying, dating and family.

Training: Life has become so fast paced, and time is seriously of the essence. So fitting in your training sessions has become more and more difficult. I make sure that i set aside at least 1 hour of my time everyday to fit in a training session. Whether it be early in the morning before vasity starts, inbetween lectures or in the afternoon when I am finished. I always make time to train because it is important that you get a minimum of 30miuntes of exercise a day. Not only is it good for your healthy, but it also gives you those feel good endorphins that just keep you motivated!

Eating (nom nom nom): Yes, i love eating. Its one of my FAVOURITE past times. But people have become so busy now days with hectic scheduals that they dont have time to prepare a healthy meal for themselves. I find this to be BULLSHIT! A healthy meal can take up to 5 minutes to prepare if you dont cook anything, which is easy.... just eat a SALAD! I make myself a healthy lunch and pack some snacks for varsity everyday and it keeps me going. If i have a early lecture, i make it the night before. If you really are dedicated to maintaining a healthy appetite, then you will do anything you can to get the healthy juices flowing. Its not hard, it takes 5 minutes, so DO IT!


Studying: I go to varsity every week day and get a LARGE amount of projects, tests and assignments which take up a hefty amount of my time. But that dosnt stop me from hitting the gym! No ways! I make sure I get my work done so that i still have time for my daily workout.


New Years 2010-
I still know how to PARTAY!

PARTY!: As you know, I am 19, which indeed makes me a teenager, and yes, I do occassionally like to party a bit harder then i should and indulge in the fattier things in life. Unfortunately, this does have a negative effect on my fitness and health, especially when i decide to have a burger over a salad and have a couple too many drinks. I do try to balance it all out by drinking vodka, lime and water when i go out and having a healthy, carb free dinner before i start drinking. I just keep telling myself that drinking vodka with lime and water is the healthier option (heehee). I really enjoy dancing when i go out so that hopefully burns off some extra calories. But, i do make sure i dont drink too much so that the next day i can get my eating back on track and get to the gym so that i can get rid of those horrid toxins.


Dating and Family: Spending times with the ones you love is very important in life. I'm lucky in that my Boyfriend is also in to staying fit and healthy (sometimes) so he comes to the gym with me every now and then and dosnt mind eating rabbit food. My mom is just amazing with eating healthy and she is my gym partner/trainer/manager so we spend alot of time with each other which is awesome. I try to make time for my family and boyfriend as much as i possibly can. Night times are mostly dedicated to hanging out with them and catching up on news.


No comments:

Post a Comment