Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Goal

Starting Weight: 53kg


This months fitness mag

I read alot of the health and fitness magazines, obviously! The one that i enjoy the most is the South African Fitness magazine. It just has absolutely everything about exercise and healthy food in there and lets be honest, Shape and Women's Health have pretty weak exercise routines! The Fitness magazine has THE BEST workouts that really do work!

Anyway...

... I have always wanted to start modelling in some form, but i would prefer to do fitness modelling as I don't exactly have the most womanly body and as for my height, measuring in at 1.54m... I am indeed 'vertically challenged'. It is a sad truth that i have come to terms with but i am determined to make my height work for me. I mean really, lets not discriminate against short people please!

So back to the modelling... I have been trying to sign up with modelling agencies but I just can't seem to get them to overlook my height problem. I nearly gave up, but then i came accross an article in the Fitness Mag about the USN Face of Fitness which is their cover model search competition. Below the headline it said:
"It's time to get your fitness modelling career started-GET NOTICED!"
 And thats when it hit me. This is what I'm supposed to be working towards! Not girly clothes and shoe modelling, but hardcore fitness modelling! So I started seriously thinking about entering, spoke to my mom, told my boyfriend, and then I spoke to one of the Trainers at my gym, Ant Botha (he used to be a body builder). Everyone became pretty excited and pushed me to do it, and even better, they BELIEVED in me. The only problem was, entries had to be in on the 30th of September (Yes, in pretty much a weeks time) and i only started planning to do it about 5 days ago. So Ant put me on a strict diet and training programme that i have been following since last saturday. I must say, the food is less then exciting and the training is tiring BUT I am seeing AMAZING results in myself.

My Diet as of last Saturday consists of this:
  • Breakfast: 50g Oats (no banana or any other fruit!)
  • Mid Morning: 1 tinTuna and 50g sweet potatoe
  • Lunch: 1 Apple
  • Mid Afternoon: 1 tin Tuna and 50g sweet potato
  • Dinner: 1 tin Tuna and Broccoli
  • NO SNACKS AND NO OTHER FRUIT!
Yes, I do have to eat the exact same meals everyday until next week Wednesday when i have my photo shoot (photo's will be uploaded). You know the saying: "You are what you eat"? Well I'm officially a tuna! But i must say, i thought it would be tough to eat like this every single day, without ANY snacks (which i have quite often... under normal sircumstances), but it makes me feel so good to eat such clean and healthy food. I'l be honest though, I could NEVER do it forever! As much as i love eating healthy, a pizza and chocolate here and there never did any harm. But no one said this was going to be easy, and I'm not expecting it to be.

As for my workout, I have been ordered to go spinning every single morning (before eating) for at least an hour. I require no more training because apparently i am in "beautiful shape" says Ant. I have been doing a bit of upper body exercises and abdominals, just to maintain some tone, BUT i am NOT allowed to train legs, which is cool with me because my legs are pretty dead after an hour of spinning.

I definitely could not have kept this up without the motivation of my mom. She has been doing the diet with me and she comes spinning with me. I call her my manager and my trainer because she gives me workouts and is with me every step of the way. I am so gratefull to have her not only as my mom, manager and trainer, but also as my friend. My boyfriend has also been a really great supporter though this and tries to eat the same things as me in order to motivate me, and i appreciate every little bit of inspiration i get from him.

So it has been 5 days since i have started training for this competition, and apart from the fact that i am lacking a bit of energy (which will be sorted out with some energy pills hopefully by the end of today) i am feeling AMAZING, fit as a fiddle, and i can just feel the thin layer of fat melting away. Honestly, I am in the best shape i have ever been in during my 19 years of existance. And this is only the beginning...

P.S. I need to get my weight down to 48kg.... Just saying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment